Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Confession

6 oz of Turkey=340 calories
mashed potatoes and gravy=400 calories
2 dinner rolls=220 calories
pies=somewhere in the 500 calorie range


Running 5 miles this morning=priceless!!!

Training for the half marathon has kept me in line.  Although I consumed over 1500 calories in one sitting it was the only meal I ate yesterday, and instead of braving "Black Friday" with everyone else I decided to go running.  It was exhilarating!  I watched the sun come up over the mountains and I felt like I could run for the entire day!! And even though I haven't lost one pound yet I have high hopes knowing that I am in much better shape!!

1 comment:

  1. running is one of the things i miss, living in the country. our house is right off a secondary highway, so i can't run. i loved running in the am and watching the sun rise, or running in the pm and watching the sun set.

    and your turkey-day meal sounds soooo good..

    ReplyDelete