Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So it's another Holiday...

Yes Thanksgiving is upon us. And yes, I fully intend to enjoy it and the fine food it has to offer. However, the very next morning I am rising early to make a quick road trip to see several of my closest High School girlfriends. Some of whom I haven't seen since we graduated 25 years ago.

I have worked my very large tail off these last few weeks to drop a few pounds and, if the doctors scale last week is telling the truth, it's working. (And I swear I didn't sneak in and sabotage the beastly thing during the night just to get it co-operate!)

So here's my fear...what if I WAY OVERDO it tomorrow on all of the amazing food and wine that will be weighing down my table?! I'm down a size in jeans and if BSP can be believed, and I think he can be, my booty is looking good. I don't want to blow it, I really, really don't but oh the food and wine....

I'm wondering if anyone else is struggling with the evil bitch who's inside my head who is parading the food and the wine before my virtual eyes and going "nah, nah, nah, nah"!!!

Anyone, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. if you wear tight pants, you will not be able to overdo it. just sayin ;)

    and with christmas right around the corner, i am about to begin my christmas baking. to answer your question, yes, that evil bitch is parading the yummy christmas treats across my mind. i am agonizing how i am going to taste test, which is *required* before sending baked goods to other people, without going overboard. sigh.

    happy turkey-day, and have a great time with your girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete