Sunday, November 8, 2009

In the beginning...

Weight: 170.0 lbs.

Lots of carrot, and not so much stick:

Drop 5 lbs, get a reward! Fun stuff.  As soon as I hit 165 lbs, I am getting a massage.  How hard is that? Not hard at all.  Five pounds is easy peasy.

I am going to use the Body For Life method, which I have used in the past and it has definitely worked for me.  For realz. You can find Body For Life by clicking here.  There is also a Body For Life book which I *love*.  I have seen a Body For Life for Women, but have not heard good things about it.  However, I have not read it myself.


A quick note about BFL:  It is not a shortcut or easy way out.  They (as in The People Behind BFL) recommend supplements, but also state that supplements are not required to do BFL.  I have never, ever used supplements.  Unless you consider chocolate covered Power Bar Triple Threat bars "supplements."  Also, I have never submitted myself for the actual contest.

The thing I love about BFL is that there is a built in Free Day.  One day a week, from morning til bedtime, you can eat whatever you want.  No holds barred, no fine print; eat whatever. you. want.  The only caveat: beware the Dreaded Junk Food Hangover, my friends.  For it does exist and will visit it's wrath upon your GI Tract on the day after Free Day should you go completely fucking nuts.  Which I have, on numerous occasions.

So I would love to make this a "community" blog; if anyone else is interested in posting their weight loss journey* here, I will add you to the Permissions.  You can post about how you are shifting the weight, it doesn't have to be BFL.

*Totally overused phrase, which I like to say in a hushed, awed, mocking tone.  It's just too Oprah for me.

6 comments:

  1. I'm in. I could use a little accountability at this stage in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'll play. I have 15 pounds to lose-the clinging leftovers from my last pregnancy.
    I totally resisted the brownies that I love at the coffee shop today. I got my beans and high-tailed it out of there. That may not be massage-worthy, but it's a start

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the free day. I can get through 6 days of raw spinach and brown rice if I know there's mashed potatoes at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I had better join you on this journey (hehe Oprah) but seriously the quitting o fthe smoking has taken a toll on my figure. Just wish I could keep the new improved boobs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in... I just started doing hypnosis again this week...(after the birthday blow out) I lost 12 pounds last year... & loved it... but well you know how it goes... stopped listening.. got off track...gained it all back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on momalom.com - and am here to help/be helped!

    ReplyDelete