Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why am I working out?

This morning, I did not get up. I wanted to work out, but 5 am came much too early.

It led me to ponder. Will I go back to my routine? Or, shall I mark this as another failure?

And, why am I working out?

Then, I remembered. I am working out because I need to. I need that time in the morning to think. Think about the upcoming day, my goals, and how I can be the best "me."

I find hope when I run/walk. I find joy. I find peace.

So, I may not have got up this morning, but I shall get up tomorrow. I will continue. I know I can fit into my pants again.

1 comment:

  1. I need the stress release. I *hate* the idea of working out, I loathe the actual time spent doing it, but I love the way I feel when I'm done.

    Sick, isn't it?

    Also, I have a deal with myself that I can't shower until I work out. If I don't work out, I don't shower.

    Ahh. It can get ugly.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete