Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do I Stay or Do I Go?

With my husband's school schedule, getting up has been rough. Seriously, after going to be at midnight and waking up a few times with kids, 5 am comes way too early.

However, once I get out of bed, I am usually motivated. So, I was glad that I actually made it out of bed this morning!

Right now, I am trying a new workout routine. Due to past injuries and having just had a baby, I am taking things slow. I jog/walk about 2 miles in 30 minutes. I break up the jogging and the walking to keep my heart from popping out of my chest. This also gives my legs adequate rest from the strenuous jogging. An added benefit? Burns lots of fat. That's right, ladies, if you keep your jog nice and slow, you burn more calores. Aerobic exercise, as it is referred to. Anaerobic, or without oxygen, does not burn fat. Thus, I am keeping the oxygen flowing.

Without further ado (or rambling) this is how I usually workout.
I walk two laps, to warm up, follow with a slow-paced jog for another three laps, walk two more laps, jog three laps, and end with a couple more laps around the track. I work up copious amounts of sweat and feel great afterwards.

I stretch before and after the workout. Since I do not have the time for an extended workout, I will usually end with push-ups and abdominal cruches. These help my core and give me the strength training I need.

Here's to tomorrow! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. too funny: did you know that you were doing "Interval Training" which is now (again) all the rage? it's where you constantly change the intensity of your workout in order to keep your body from getting used to burning calories at a set rate. it forces your body to use up more calories faster as it tries to adjust to a set rate.

    so there :) another really good reason to get your butt outta bed (that nice..warm.. soft.. bed). nice work!!

    ReplyDelete