Sunday, April 25, 2010

oh Hi!

Sone Fox said I could come play here. Here's a short intro: I'm 45 (almost),married (almost)24 years to Terry, and have 4 boys ages 22,20,18 and 11. I once was fat but now I'm round. Due to medications for a psychiatric disorder (that makes it sound like it's someone elses fault, doncha know) I went from 135 pounds to 205, then about 6 months ago the med was changed and I dropped 15 pounds, which is TOTALLY enough to require a new wardrobe, do you agree? We live in the Deepest South (Southeast Georgia not far from Savannah. Think live oaks and spanish moss), where food is a necessary part of any gathering involving more than 1 person.

I doubt I'll ever be 135lbs again, and I'm ok with that, but I'd love to see 150 because that would put me a size 14, which J. Peterman carries and I've always wanted a frock coat from J. Peterman. Terry said if I get there he'll buy me one. Since I am a housewife, I depend on him for spending money and so if it's clothes and it costs more than $100 I kind of expect him to buy it, rather than just going out an getting it for myself.

Anyway my so-called 'weight loss journey' is more like an idle mosey, with an occasional side trip to Uncle Shug's Chicken Barn (Southern style fried chicken OMG!) followed by a week of guilt and lite yogurt. Thank, Stone Fox, for inviting me to play here, oh I know I asked first but you didn't have to.

2 comments:

  1. before i die, i will eat: real, REAL Southern fried chicken and collard greens (can't get them here - you can get cabbage and kale, but not collard greens. doesn't make sense to me) from somewhere that includes the words "chicken barn" in it's title. it would be worth the week of guilt and lite yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then you'll have to come for a visit. I can take you to Uncle Shugs, a Baptist revival, a Peanut Festival and a Ghost Tour in Savannah.

    ReplyDelete